Sunday, July 24, 2011

Song Interpretation

OK, let me start this post by saying I LOVE MUSIC, all sorts of music, but I MUST tell you, I've been known to not get the lyrics/words right. Does that stop me from singing, of course NOT. My kids love to sing. They act like they know everything, about every song and they act like I'm so outdated that my groove and coolness was for like back in the day. Their only back in the day time frame equals, the 80s, what is wrong with these kids? They walk around throwing out names like, wakaflaka, not a real name in my opinion, JT, JB, Jay Jay, watever, who cares, like I'm so outdated, anyways. The other day, I wanted to show them a thing or two so I decided to sing Beyonce's Halo. Yes, HALO!!!


I got to the part where she sings, "everywhere I'm looking now, it's written all over your face, baby I  can see your halo, you know  hummm-(don't know the words in between) my saving grace." Then I belted, "I can see your HELLO, HELLO, HELLO, HELLO OH, OH, OH, just jamming like everything is ALL RIGHT! until my daughter, with a crossed look on her face, said with a hint of annoyance, MOMMY!!! she's saying HALO! and I was like I know....., I'm saying the same thing...... I can see your HELLO, HELLO!! she's like Mom, its HALO..... I asked do we have a communication problem here? being the over thinker that I am, I said to her, Beyonce's song, makes absolutely no sense; How in the world can she see my HELLO? my child walked away utterly frustrated and was probably questioning, why Lord, with her hands in the air, was she assigned the most uncool, unknowing, doesn't know she is embarrassing me mom? Hey, what can I say? other than, these singers need to sing A LOT more clearly, enunciate! OK? OK...... I know I didn't interpret the song, but I couldn't even get the chorus so we will try again later....and that's my first song interpretation entry.

No comments: